I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday this week. It's been a looooong time. It was also my first week with no school, so I'm not sure I even have five things to share, but I'll try!
I blogged every day this week! That has been a huge accomplishment for me since I had been struggling to blog for many months before school ended. A couple of weeks back I had also reached 1,000 followers on Bloglovin' (despite my absence) and hosted a celebration this week. Today is the last day and you can click the button below to locate the post and enter to win some great prizes.
Father's Day is this weekend. Since I'm pregnant, I feel like my husband and I should be able to celebrate Mother's Day and Father's Day already. Plus, I love giving and getting gifts. We live in Houston but we are from Massachusetts so my husband is a Red Sox fan. I ordered him these adorable onsies and got him tickets to see the Red Sox in a few weeks when they come to Houston. Shhhhhhh! Actually it's not a secret, I already gave them to him because I always want to give presents as soon as I have them.
I have a long list of professional books to read, but am also supposed to be trying to save money and none of them are at my public library so instead I've been reading junk. Part of that's a lie...I do have some professional books already that I haven't read...but I prefer the junk first. I've been reading Tori Spelling's books. I was a 90210 addict and the books are actually very light, quick, funny reads. Don't judge!
I am reading this book as well, although I need to get moving, for a book study that is starting on Monday. So make sure to check back or join in if you are interested. It will be a linky party and people will be answering the following questions about each chapter (chapter 1 is Monday):
1. What part of the reading caught your attention? Maybe it's something you never thought about. Maybe it's something that you've been trying to get a grip on. Maybe it's something that you've never heard quite they way it was put.
2. How do you already incorporate this into your guided reading routine? There's probably at least some part of the chapter that you're already doing! Tell us about it!
3. What is something new you want to try next school year? How do you want to make your guided reading time better or what new things do you want to try?
4. What are some resources that you ALREADY HAVE that you can use to teach what you read about in this chapter/section?
5. What are some NEW resources that you want to get or try to use to teach what you read about in this chapter/section?
That is a little turkey sandwich and some sorbet from Menchies. Why am I showing this to you? Because I have been able to eat it the past two days! Might seem like no biggie, but I am 20 weeks pregnant and haven't been able to keep down anything but English muffins and Nilla wafers for months. Usually after some good days, there is a bad day looming around the corner but I'm hoping this is a step in the right direction.
Most of the time I really despise cleaning. I've been leaving it mostly to my husband because the past couple months have been so busy with work plus I've been sick. But now that I am home, I really am trying to do a little each day. We are moving from our apartment to our house that is being built in a month. So I need to keep cleaning, consolidating, and start packing soon. And when we move, I want a new, clean house so I guess I better get used to it! Baby steps.