Time for Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching! Mine will be very short because for some reason this week has felt like a whirlwind and I don't have a single picture. I'll try to do better next week!
1. Yay for having today off!! I slept til 9 and am still wearing pajamas. Oh well... I do want to try to do my lesson plans today though so I can enjoy the rest of the weekend.
2. iPads! 25 iPads were delivered to my classroom on Tuesday afternoon. My partner teacher and I are sharing them between our two classes. Technology is still working out the kinks of adding apps and syncing the devices, but hey we are excited!
3. Research...All of my students (I teach two classes of ELAR) chose their animals to research this week. I checked out about 50 books from my public library (fingers crossed I can find them all a month from now) and they took books from the school library as well. I'm finding this National Geographic series of books to be really student friendly for my second graders. We developed questions and started note taking from the books. Next week, we will look at the encyclopedias in the library and research online (using our iPads)!
4. The Voice and Nashville were back this week! I have never watched American Idol, Survivor, etc. But I do love the Voice. And the Apprentice. So I guess I can't claim I don't watch reality TV.
5. I finished my Spring Dictionary Activities! My students love using the dictionary for games, etc. because they've never known how to use it before so they think it is amazing. Click on the here to check it out!
I am sharing the following from the pack as a freebie. Click the document to download the Google Doc. It is an optional recording sheet for my Dictionary Battles activity in which students race to find words in the dictionary.
Finally, don't forget to enter my 100 follower giveaway for a $25 Amazon gift card! Click the image to find the post where you can enter. The giveaway ends tomorrow night and I'll announce the winner on Sunday.