Congratulations to Melinda C. for winning my 100 follower giveaway! Check your inbox!
I am linking up with Collaboration Cuties for their linky party about mentor texts. This week you can share any text you'd like. In the future, there will be weekly themes.
I saw a couple of posts today about idioms and it reminded me of the following books which my students LOVE...no actually fight over...!
More Parts by Tedd Arnold
Even more parts by Tedd Arnold
We do officially cover idioms in second grade in Texas...phrases with multiple meanings...and these books explicitly illustrate the literal meanings of numerous idioms in a hilarious manner.
Here is a simple freebie on which students choose an idiom and then draw both the figurative and literal meaning. They usual turn out really cute! Click the image to access the Google Doc.
Click the button below to head over and link up!
And finally, I want to try my own linky party! Anticipating the month ahead...short and simple!
Here are the rules:
- Share one thing you are looking forward to during the month of April.
- Share one thing you are dreading during the month of April.
- Share one thing that you hope to accomplish during the month of April.
Graphics by Glitter Meets Glue
Here's my post...
- I am REALLY looking forward to going to the International Reading Association Convention from April 19-22! I get to travel to San Antonio for the weekend. I am missing Friday and Monday of school too, which I hate but I've always wanted to go so I think it will be worth it!
- I am dreaded taking my students to swimming lessons this month. They walk across the street to the pool near our school every day for two weeks for a 45 minute lesson. This is in addition to lunch, recess, and specials classes. I am all for learning to swim, but I think it should be instead of PE or something. When you add in the time it takes the kids to change before and after the lesson, there is no time left to do anything!
- During this month I really hope to integrate the iPads I just received into my instruction. It took a lot of time last week just to get the kids to learn how to turn them on, open apps, charge them, etc. I hope to be past that point soon and be able to do some amazing things with them!
I hope you'll link up below and share about the upcoming month!